Purpose and Objectives
The Communication Specialist/Administrator is responsible for providing top-notch internal communications and administrative support for the Asama Lower Mainland Lab. The winning candidate must have a depth of experience in communications and a passion for connecting people with information in new and creative ways. He or she is an independent worker, but is effective at collaborating with others and is flexible to take on new and varied tasks required for successful communication specialization.
Expectations and Tasks
- Work with the Managing Director, Executive Team and Events/Internal Promotions to deliver communications that focus on regular, consistent and engaging messaging for employees as well as advocating for the information needs of employees.
- Coordinate information gathering and develop collateral as required to report within the site and external to the site within Asama.
- Delivery of newsletters, intranet portal content, etc.
- All-Hands/Company meeting content, coordination and speaker preparation.
- Provide administrative support for MD as necessary: handling correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, calendar scheduling and coordinating meeting logistics, etc.
- Provide administrative support for Lab as necessary: concierge services, organizational memberships, leadership meeting coordination/ note taking, etc.
- Other communication/administration duties/projects as assigned
Education and Qualifications / Skills and Competencies
Excellent communication skills including:
- Fluency in both oral and written English
- Business writing skills aimed at employees
- Understands how to message across different lines of business and cultural boundaries as well as those with imperfect English
- Must be able to turn ideas and concepts into visually relevant and effective material
- Understand and can implement change management/communications initiatives
- Excellent Word and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to interact and influence others and welcoming of feedback and suggestions
- Must be able to keep confidences with private and/or confidential information
- Organized, detail-oriented and can manage time effectively with top-notch prioritization skills
- 6 months - 2 years relevant experience required
- Past Internship or Co-op experience desired
- Past experience working within the communications industry is desired
To Apply For This Position
See below in Submission of Resume to select the position you wish to apply for.
Communications Specialist/Administrator posted July 6, 2010.
Select the job position you wish to apply for, fill out the following information, attach a cover letter and resume, then click Submit.
If you have any issues uploading your files, you can submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected]